Experienced Engine Builder
Passionate engine builder for a world renowned historic race specialists
Working in a brand new facility with in-house machinery
Prestige of supplying some of the most competitive historic engines across the world
Opportunity for a great career progression
Over its long history, Swiftune has firmly established itself as the leading A-Series race engine builder. Since 1965 our engines have been powering predominantly Minis to championship and race wins on a national and international stage.
We require a professional, experienced engine builder with excellent attention to detail and a passion for winning!
This is a full time, permanent position based in our fantastic, newly bespoke built premises in the idyllic Kent countryside. We are looking for the right person to expand our small and highly skilled team. The candidate will be given their own workspace in our spacious, bright, LED lit engine building room. With System Store Solutions workbenches and storage.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in engine building is essential, competition/historic/mini knowledge is preferred
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team on all aspects of a new build process, as well as routine rebuilds. Including Mini gearbox preparation and assembly.
- Experience in basic machining (honing, skimming, balancing, crack testing etc.) is required.
- Dyno testing experience preferred, but not essential.
- To be able to carry out final checks on completed engines, ensuring that all paperwork is appropriately completed.
- Knowledge of engine components required.
- Full driving license required. Trailer/7.5T preferred but not essential.
- To be an extremely motivated individual with a dedication to completing all tasks to the highest quality.
- The ability to work from own initiative and to show excellent personal workload management skills.
- To be able to meet deadlines and thrive in a typically high pressured motorsport environment.
- A flexible approach to working hours and tasks is required. You may also be required to work some race weekends.
Full time permanent position for immediate start.
Competitive Salary, depending on experience and skill level.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively call us for more information regarding this position.
We are based near Ashford, Kent, 20 minute drive from the M20, 40 minutes from Brands Hatch.
Live in accommodation may be available to the right candidate.